1. We strive to promote cooperation and united action between rganizations working for progressive social change. Recognizing ifferences in political strategies and priorities between affiliated groups, SJPJC provides an arena for building unity within diversity.
2. We seek to contribute toward building a just and sustainable society in which the gross and obscene concentration of corporate power and personal wealth is overcome by the achievement of basic economic rights for all: secure jobs at living wages; decent, affordable housing and public transit; adequate food and clothing; niversal health care; quality education; a safe, clean environment; sustainable food production; and protection from economic insecurity caused by disability, old age, sickness, accident or unemployment. We support workers' rights to organize, to collective bargaining, to strike without the threat of reprisals or replacement, to safe and healthy working conditions, and to a living wage, a pension and benefits.
3. We are committed to the principle of human equality and struggle against racism, sexism, homophobia and other forms of oppression. We support full rights for immigrants and opposes the scapegoating and repression directed against immigrants, particularly immigrants of color.
4. We support struggles against militarism and the culture of violence that permeates our society. We oppose military intervention and interference abroad, economic coercion, colonialism and
5. We encourage creative models of community organizing and action and promotes shared leadership and decision-making. We promote the sharing of resources including knowledge, skills and equipment. We are democratic, inclusive and respectful in our dealings with one another,
For Email Marketing you can trust
No new stories