Groups can now book the space for free by default, instead of paying upfront fees.
Of course, we hope that groups able to contribute will continue, and ask that groups that cannot make a group donation pass the hat at their meeting(s).
We're removing barriers to access so that we can become an even better community resource for San Jose.
In order to book the Peace and Justice Center for a community event:
- Check the calendar to see if the Center's available.
- If there's no conflict, click "Submit event" at the bottom of the page.
- A staff person or volunteer will contact you with any questions and approve the event.
- If your event's approved, you'll see it on the calendar (and in this e-blast)!
- Plus we will let you know how to get into and clean up the space for the event; if you can't donate to the center, please just pass the hat during the event!
Keep an eye out for upcoming social events and working sessions to improve the San Jose Peace and Justice Center.